Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our little visitor

This weekend at my parents' house in Corona, we discovered a little visitor! She actually made her way into the house and into ejay's room! After she was caught by Kuya Jhon and set outside, we noticed that she wasn't flying away. It was later discovered that she had built a nest on top of one of my mom's plants (which let me tell you according to my mom was a cheap $1 plant that grew into a huge one!) which happened to be right next to the front door. I didn't get a chance to take pictures of the hummingbird cause she always flew off whenever we opened the door, but I did grab some neat shots of her nest. Also, my mom realized she had a hummingbird feeder, so Ron and I assembled the thing, placed some honey and water, and hung it by her nest. I hope the little jellybean eggs survive on that plant! It can get pretty windy and the plant doesn't seem all that sturdy against the wind!

By the way, I've decided that any of my still life images will have an imprint of my name on it. It was brought to my attention that my Kona, Hawaii photographs were being used. I don't mind anyone using my pictures, but atleast ask or don't take credit. Thanks!


No comments: