Saturday, January 31, 2009

Matt, Liz, and Madeline

I don't blog as much as I use to back during my "fresh out of high school" days, but I still enjoy blogging nonetheless. I've made some great friendships all because of people reading my blogs, relating to my stories, and offering their own advice. But besides that, I also want to be able to look back my stories and what went on during any particular time in my life.

Last week, an article in People Magazine caught my attention about a single father in Southern Calfornia. His name is Matt Logelin, and on March 24, 2007, he became a first time dad. 27 hours later however, he lost his wife to a pulmonary embolism. Initially he started his blog to chronicle his wife's pregnancy so that one day, he'd be able to share it with his daughter... Now, he continues to write for that very same reason and much more. As Matt puts it, he writes for his daughter, so that she'd remember her Mom and that her dad is doing everything he can to be strong for her.

It's pretty hearbreaking to read, but powerful nonetheless. With everything he does for Madeline, he's constantly thinking about how Liz would have reacted and enjoyed the moment. What I also love about Matt's blog is that he's into photography, so he shares alot of pictures.

I think Matt's situation has inspired me to blog more frequently. I remember back in the day, writing secretly in a diary and destroying the book itself after I "got over" whatever experience it was at the time. Destroying the physical diary was always the final step... to be rid of bad feelings once and for all. Kind of like the ending in the "Butterfly Effect" movie... "as if it never happened." I wish now that I hadn't so that maybe, my future kids could see that any obstacle could be overcome. Oh well... guess we'll have to keep this blog alive and going.

Anyways, read more about Matt, Liz, and Madeline for yourself: http://www.mattlogelin.com

No comments: