Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Ron!


Yesterday was Ron's 28th birthday! Being the busy bee he is, I initially just planned for a quiet dinner for the both of us. Besides he had school yesterday in Pasadena until about 12pm and his family was unable to make it for dinner anyways. My parents however felt the need to give us a break and treat us out. I think a large part of it has to do with the fact that I revamped my dad's website over the weekend. hehe! just kidding! Actually, I honestly think my parents DID feel that the kiddies (myself, ron, and ejay) DID NEED a break from all the books and work!

So after Ejay got home from school around 430ish, they swooped up Ron and I from La Habra and took the fam out to Redondo Beach. The spot had been a regular "date" weekend getaway for mom & dad, and now they were finally bringing us there!

It was a new experience for me, and one I thoroughly enjoyed! I was tickled at the fact that you picked your live catch and had them cook it. I also couldnt believe how many people had set up to go fishing that night on the pier! The pier shops also consisted of bars, arcades, ice cream parlors, and best of all, a restaurant (i think?) called "quality seafood." Alls I can say is, RED LOBSTER AINT GOT NOTHING ON THIS!!





ron's "bday cake" OOh YUM!

All in all we ate 2 lobsters, 1 crab, a pan of shrimp, that big fish Ron picked out, coleslaw, potato salad, macaroni salad, rice, corn on the cob, and coke! The only thing we had left over was 2 corns on the cob and one full side of the fish!!

My brother, Ron and I were in awe of the feast! We had laid newspapers provided by the market on the table, ate with our hands off paper plates, and had my mom cracking open our lobsters and crab (she's a pro!)! It was out of the norm to for us to be doing that in public. But at that particular place, everyone was doing it!

After we were done grubbin' we strolled the pier to walk off big meal. Talk about quality bonding time, we sure told alot of stories! For dessert, we had engulfed our faces in some fresh baked churros from this bakery on the pier!


We then ended the night back at our condo in La Habra to finish off the presidential debate.

Man, I love being a California Girl!



Happy Birthday Ron!


1 comment:

Ron @Runningfromdebt said...

hehehe!! We gotta go back to eat some fish!!