Monday, March 30, 2009

Boneyard Fun

While in Vegas for Jasper and Mia's wedding, Ron and I decided to do something a little different (and a little touristy) by scoping out some sin city history! We made reservations to tour the Neon Boneyard, which is basically a junkyard of old historical Vegas neon signs. The guided tour was very informative, but what made the experience even more exciting was all the photo opportunities! The tour guide said that there are plans for restorations and a future gift shop in this upcoming year or so, so stop by and visit whenever you're in vegas!

old neon lettering !


this is what happens when your hubby's a shoe head AND not technically savy with a dslr!

but after a lil practice and coaching, his skills improved.. hehe! remember these stars from the old Stardust hotel?

Ron trying to be a sexy beast!

me trying to be sassy, hah!


"R" is for Ron..... LOL

our tour guide thought that this would be a cute picture. too bad it says OX and not XO! but anyways props to him for taking this!

Later on we attended Jasper and Mia's wedding. I was a guest, so I managed to shoot what I could without getting in the way of the hired photographers or interfering with their lighting ;-) Here's just a sneak peak. I actually have the shot right after this which has them locking lips, but i absolutely love this moment right before that kiss! I disabled my flash so that I wouldn't be interfering with the main photogs, but I'm totally feeling this ambiance. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Ish said...

That shot of Mia and Jasper looks just as good, if not better, than any professional's! I must visit the Boneyard. I've been looking for potential places to shoot. I'm working on a "Series of the Eras" project. :)