Wednesday, December 3, 2008

There's Something About Mary!

The youngest member of the Cruz family will be turning 18 next year!! My cousin MM (real name: Mary Michael, yes i think Tita Erma & Tito Dennis had hoped for a boy, hehe!) and her family are planning her traditional Filipino debut to be held in March. Over dinner a few weeks back, my Tita Erma had mentioned that she wanted pictures of MM taken with her dog Booger (yes, Booger..) for a "Something About Mary" theme. Being that photography has always been a long time hobby, I told Tita Erma, that I'd be more than happy to do it!!! It also gave me an excuse to try out and play with some lenses! Besides my brother and Ron, MM is actually the very first person that's ever been my model! Gotta love family for being so willing :)

I can't believe how much MM has grown right before my eyes. I remember back in the day when I use to give her hugs and say, "My MM!!!" and she'd reply, "My Ate!!!" Now she's talking about college applications! cRAzY!

Anyways, I'm still working on my steady hand and being cognizant of my environment so bear with me!

Meet Booger!

I think he was getting fed up with Tita Erma placing bandages around him!


First stop, downtown San Diego!

MM was shy but it didn't matter, she's naturally photogenic

Booger was one HOT DOG! he got compliments like, "WOW the Target dog!", "Wow, the Budweiser dog!," and "aWwW what happened to your dog?!"


Change of location and outfit! Balboa Park!

I liked this picture not only because of the lighting, but because of Ron in the background. He was lens man, video cameraman, driver, dog baby sitter, bag holder, and pooper scooper!! lol

Ron says me and MM have the same eye shape... haha ! Only hers a little bigger and her eye color is lighter!


Camouflage! The only thing that bothers me about this pic is the shadow across her face.. oh well, still learning!


There's Something About Mary!!!!

Doesn't MM's face scream, "I LOVE HANGING OUT WITH ATE!!!" ???


3 comments:

Freddy Burgos said...

Nice pics Kristine! The colors are nice and deep. The first one is my favorite! What lenses were you trying out?

Ish said...

I likes, I likes!! So talented you are, Kristine! :)

Gary said...

YEP, you are definitely a CRUZ! Good job on the photos, I wish you lived near by so you can photographs gigs with me!

Kuya