Saturday, November 8, 2008

Changeling


Now, I'm an avid movie watcher (If you've meet my dad, you'd know why), but there's only a select few that come across as my top favorites. Changeling is now one of them. The plot of the movie IS a true story rather than being *based* on a true story (I looked up all the facts after I got home! And I STILL can't believe all these events went down!). The director, Clint Eastwood did such a phenomenal job captivating my interest and emotions all together. My heart was pounding during certain scenes! And all these actors/actresses were so convincing! I was literally glued to my seat, sympathetic with Angelina Jolie's character, Christine Collins, hateful towards the LAPD, and fearful of the real *bad guy*. What made the story even more compelling was how close it hit to home-- with the mentioning cities of Los Angeles, Riverside, Hesperia, and "Wineville." Wait til you find truth out about Wineville. Anyways, I'd hate to hype up a movie only to disappoint any of you, so I'll leave it at that and just strongly suggest that you watch it. It is a long movie (over 2 hours) and it does start out kinda slow, but it was definitely worth watching! Also just to add, I was never aware of the *changeling events* prior to watching the movie, so that probably played a big factor, since I didn't know exactly how everything was going to turn out! So my advice-- try watching the movie first before researching the story behind Changeling =P


2 comments:

Unknown said...

ooOo i gotta watch this!!! This is definitely going on my to watch with some cute girl list. haha.

Ish said...

Hey, Kristine! We've all been wanting to watch that movie badly. I heard it was a great film and your review has only convince me more to go watch the movie as soon as I can. :)

Thanks for the comment on my latest blog and for watching my YouTube vids! I felt foolish at first making them, but I love the creative outlet! I do watch her channel! I've learned a lot from her, actually! :)