Friday, October 17, 2008

Just Living My Life...

"So keep on getting your paper
and keep on climbing

Look in the mirror and keep on shining
'Till the game ends, 'till the clock stops
We gonna post up on the top spot

Living the life, the life
In a brand new city,
got my whole team with me
The life, my life
I do what I wanna do

Living the life, the life
I will never lose out
The life, my life
And I'm not stopping"
-Rihanna


It's now week 4 of grad school and I've been M.I.A from the Inland Empire. I've given away a majority of my shifts at Kaiser and even pulled out a vacation week for this weekend. No, school isn't thaaaat bad. In fact it's quite the opposite! Well, let me rephrase that... grad school so far has been busy, but it's totally do-able! What has actually been keeping me on my toes is my involvement in non academic related activities! On top of school courses, I've also enrolled into a Photography class and a Photoshop class to balance out the school work. I started those classes back in September and expect to end in mid November. It's a coping strategy that keeps my sanity in check. My Yin and My Yang: The harmony between the operational and concrete left side of my brain, with warm and fuzzy abstracts of the right side of my brain. Usually, I take a dance class or a gym class to tantalize the creativity seeking side of my brain, but this time I decided to fine tune and dig deeper into some favorite hobbies. I must confess though, that my body has been suffering because of it. Inside there's a trimmed fit girl screaming for attention... But I have been keeping her quiet with cupcakes and cookies. Wait til next quarter!

In addition, UCLA has been non stop with the endless opportunities and resources! Everytime I see a flier advertising something new, I just want to dive right in!! Call me cRaZy, but I'm thoroughly enjoying each favorable circumstance that comes my way! This weekend its an intensive 4 day medical spanish course for MSN students! It's been an rewarding experience to actually make the most of what my instituition has to offer. I haven't been this involved in school since high school!

As for work, I'll be returning to Kaiser (in the flu clinic) on Oct 24 and will be back in the actual unit on Oct 31 (i miss my peeps!). As for my per diem position at Children's Hospital in Orange County, I start November 10!

Life is fab!

OH! AND DONT FORGET TO VOTE NOVEMBER 4th!!
For those who arent registered in the State of California, Oct 20 is the absolute last day!!!!

Lastly.... for your enjoyment... one of the best Nike Commercials. Leave Nothing

1 comment: